REQUIRED TOOLS: TAPE MEASURE, SAFETY GLASSES, UTILITY KNIFE, AND A STRAIGHT EDGE RULER.
1. 2” wide spacer strips to be wrapped around the perimeter of the duct (spacers strips are included with the BIG-8 product). Spacer strips to be installed at 2′ intervals.
2. Wrap rFOIL BIG-8 Insulation around the duct with spacers and pull hand-tight (for and R-8 value). Ensure that the printed Code Certification Strip, taped the entire length of the roll, is facing out. This information must be visible to inspectors.
3. Tape all seams and joints using rFOIL Metalized Tape, specially formulated to adhere to rFOIL Duct
– Item Code 15112 (2” x 150′)
– Item Code 15113 (3” x 150′)
– Use of any tape other than the rFOIL items above will void the manufacturer’s warranty.
4. Properly installed, the spacers will provide a consistent airspace around the duct.
5. Repeat the above steps for the entire length of the ductwork.
View Printable Instructions
View Video Instructions of Reflective Duct Insulation Installation (2280 Big 8 Specific)
If you have any other questions regarding the installation of rFoil reflective duct wrap please submit your question and we will respond in a timely manner.